Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A New Generation

S:  Judges 2:10 - After that whole generation had been gathered to their fathers, another generation grew up who knew neither the LORD nor what he had done for Israel.

O:  The Israelites were not faithful and did not teach their children of all that the Lord had done for them.

A:  How faithful is our generation?  Do my children know all the Lord has done for me?  Have I taught them well?  Do they understand why my relationship with God is so important to me?  How important is it to them?  It's never too late.  Tell your story to your children.  Tell them how important it was when you were down and out and ready to give up hope and that bible verse or childhood song (in my case Jesus loves me) was the only thing you had to cling to.  I look around me and I see a faithless generation rising up behind me and there is noone to blame but myself. 

P:  Father God forgive me for like the Israelites I have failed to tell my story; to instill in my children and all those children around me how important my relationship with you is to me.  God give me your heart and your vision and your words to pour into all the generations behind me that we may never forget all that God has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment