Saturday, March 24, 2012

Giving my Best

A lesson worth learning.

2012 is off to an amazing start.  God has really been doing something in me this year.  Slowing me down, refining me, redirecting me and challenging me.  & it's only March! 

 Slowing Down.  I like to be busy.  I've never been a sit still for long person.  Physically, because of some health stuff going on, I've been slowed down this year.  It's all good though.  The tests have all been done and although it means a change in my lifestyle it is not something that will take me out of the race.  During this period of having to slow down physically I have noticed a few things about myself. 

1.  I use busy to not have to deal with what's going on in my life.  
2.  I am doing things I don't particularly like to do.
3.  I can keep God out when I'm too busy.

Solution:  I have been forced to slow down.  I am dealing with my life today - on life's terms.  I am learning to say no to those things I don't like to do.   & you know what I am learning.  When I say no to those things it gives people who love to do those things an opportunity to step up and do them.  Most importantly, I am letting God deeper into my life into new areas and he's rocking my world in the process.  I am learning so much about me, more about my past and some tendencies I have from my childhood that still affect my relationships with people today.   Good-bye denial; Hello recovery! 

Refining & Redirecting.

It can be a painful process sometimes to let go of the stuff in your life.  Even the stuff that isn't bringing out your best anymore.  I have wept many tears over some of the things I am beginning the process of letting go of.  My love for those things hasn't changed but God is in the process of releasing me and turning me in a new direction.  This has actually enabled me to look at some of the ministries I'm involved in and focus in on where my talent and abilities are and start handing out the rest of it to other people and just letting them handle it.  & you know what I am learning?  They do it better than I do because they are excited about it.  God is so amazing!  My letting go releases opportunities for others!  I am giving God my best not when I try to do it all but when I stick to what I'm good at and give others the opportunity to use their talents and abilities!  I can apply this same principle to every single area of my life.

The Challenge. 

I have been surrounded this year with people who are broken and hurting and are hurting eachother because of their brokenness.  It's hard to watch.  Even harder when it's going on inside the church.  We are supposed to be walking, talking Gospels for a lost and hurting world and yet I wonder if the world sees any difference between it and the church these days.  It's easy to be discouraged.  To want to give up.  But every time I get a little discouraged God has been telling me ....you show them.  You show them the way.  Show them how to love, how to forgive, how to find healing.  Be the change.  Be my light.   Lead those who are leading.  & yet who am I?  Another broken human being.  Lord, be my strength and my courage as I try to lead the way you would have me lead.  By example.  By releasing others to do what they can.  Help me Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment