Thursday, March 17, 2011

The way of Obedience

Deuteronomy 28 & 29. 

Obedience vs. Dis-obedience.  God tells us clearly in these verses that there are tremendous blessings in being obedient to God's word.  There are also huge consequences if we choose not to.  So how obedient am I?  Am I obedient in all areas of my life?  Or are there areas of my life where I know I am doing things contrary to the Word of God?  The Bible is God's word.  All of it.  From the Ten Commandments to the Resurrection to the work of the Holy Spirit.  It all counts.  What are your chances of living a life of obedience if you don't get into His word?   So find that Bible, blow the dust of it & dive in.  The rewards of living a life of obedience will overwhelm you.

Father God I pray for a spirit of obedience.  Reveal to me Father those places in my life that just don't line up with your Word and show me how you would have me change those things about me.  I want to live a life worthy of being called "child of God".  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment